Saturday, October 24, 2009

I am not big enough

Thanks to everyone who has interacted with me on the questions I had during my last post...I would love to hear anyone else's thoughts. All of you have been encouraging and challenging my heart.

I think that this is the conclusion I have come to as I have thought & prayed about these and other questions:


"I am not big enough"

I am not strong enough, brave enough....

I think that God has so kindly but surely exposed a thought in my heart that was deep & unknown. I have thought I could hack the missions field because I am a MK (missionary kid). A few months ago I was reading a story about some missionaries serving in Chad.
Chad.
Like the really desolate place in Africa.
That has deserts.
And the female missionaries have to wear skirts and head coverings.

I remember thinking "there is no way I could hack that".
And the truth is that I can't. I need Jesus. I need the Loving & Good Shepherd of my heart to lead me there & take care of me.

It's a simple thought, but one that is shaking me to the core.
I must decrease, but He must increase.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Melissa! Just read your post and I know that God is going to bring you through everything that He's called you to do. He gives grace for every season, and He's never One to give us more than we can bear. I love you from 10,000 miles away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa,

    God gives us the grace to do the things that He has called us to. So many times we feel ill equipped but He will equip you to do what you need to do for Him. I remember being in Afghanistan and having to wear a salwar kameez and head scarf in an unbelievable dry heat but God gave me the grace. When I was leaving to return home I could literally feel His grace leaving as all I wanted to do was get out of those clothes, but they never bothered me while I was there! Just rest in Him and He will give you exactly what you need when you need it! :) Blessings, Samina

    ReplyDelete