Friday, December 26, 2008

Bing Crosby and good thoughts...

So last night my husband and I had the chance to watch a classic - "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. Really, what would Christmas be without it?

As I sit here in the 70 degree weather that Tulsa has graced us with this morning (it's wonderful - I feel like I am back home again), I have been singing Bing Crosby's song all morning --- no, not the famous one that titles the movie -- the more obscure "Count Your Blessings"...

It goes something like this:
when you're worried
and you can't sleep
just count your blessings
instead of sheep
and you'll fall asleep...counting your blessings...

Isn't that a delightful thought? And so, I thought I would take a moment to do just that:

1. My heritage: Joel and I spent some time yesterday Skyping my family and I got to laugh with them and talk to them...really, how blessed am I? I understand God's love, grace, joy and forgiveness because of the awesome parents and siblings God has given me.

2. My husband: Marriage is like following Jesus - it's the best decision you can ever make...and your flesh will die daily because of it :) I would never call marriage "easy" but it is SO good and right. I married a wonderful man. He loves the Lord and me.


3. Financial Blessing: Even though where I work isn't famous for it's incredibly large salary, and we are paying for Joel to go to medical school - we are incredibly blessed. Two cars that don't have payments, a cosy apartment, a puppy, food for the table, clothes for our back, an emergency fund for those unexpected moments, money for date night, money to give---it's such a joy to know that we are MORE than provided for. Thanks to some awesome financial teaching and good choices we are safe and secure in His provision.

4. Our health: Joel works all day with people that are very sick. We are grateful in new ways continually with how well our bodies work!

5. Time to rest: Rest is one of those core values that Joel and I both deeply believe in. Joel is in the middle of the four toughest months he will have during rotations and yet somehow he has been blessed with 4 whole days off! That is nothing short of a miracle. In addition, he just found out that his next rotation doesn't start until January 5th...which means another 4 days off next week! Sipping green tea, a warm fire, freshly laundered blankets, time to take walks, a candle-light service. We really are blessed with time to truly rest.

There are a MILLION other things I could take time to write about - what about you? Where has God shown Himself faithful this year?

Here are a few recent pictures for you! Enjoy...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Joel and I at a recent "ugly sweater" party

My mom and I at my Aunt Leah's "Thanks-mas" day...so great to see her!


A few recent pictures of Kueta T - my grandparents camp. This is the swing where my husband proposed - three years ago yesterday!

Well...that's all from here for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment